May 11, 2011

DAUGHTERS OF EVE II - Adjei Agyei-Baah

DAUGHTER OF EVE II

Along my way, came this daughter of Eve
Whom I thought my life could thrive
She was an angel of contours and design
Of which every man would stop to pen & sign
My emotion started to blaze like a wild inferno
For I’d wished I could fondle her like the piano
But suddenly I heard a voice in the faculty of my sanity
Saying: vanity, vanity, vanity, all is vanity
For deep within I’d lust & thrust
Oh what a silliness! I’ve sin against the Lord of Just
Where lies my peace?
Neither in a limo nor a hearse
But only in the steadfast faith of my Lord God
In whose beautiful garden Eve first trod.

Adjei Agyei-Baah (C) Copyright ~ 2011 All Rights Reserved

3 comments:

  1. this poem is actually the continuation of Daughter of Eve part I. The inspiration was drawn from the poet's encounter with a damsel, actually an enchantress while watching from his balcony.the above lines were some of the wild thoughts which were brewed up in the poet's mind.Daughter of Eve Part 1 can be found at:http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=390940992236. Hope readers like it too.Enjoy and leave your comment and critique

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then there is proof to say that a poets words are binding on him/herself and he/she write what actually happens in their lives. Do you agree?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed intoto! For I believe that whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill.Besides, a poet dip his pen into his soul and scribble out what is found within..its not always about hos imaginations...period.

    ReplyDelete

The Reason We Write

Writing is one of the purest of arts in this world. This is because it embodies the very fundamental principles of literacy. Write To The World understands this and is bent on giving every writer in the world the platform to freely exercise this form of art. We believe literature is a powerful force behind human survival. So write anything good, and we'll make sure its seen.

As you read and treat yourself to glistening writing, please do leave a comment for the writers. They would really want to know what you think also. It can be a question, a comment or suggestion. Let it known. Leave your footprints here any time you visit.

Write To The World - Making Professional Writers From Today. It Can Be Done.