June 16, 2011

Who Am I? - Prem Anand R

Who am I? 
By Prem Anand R

Who am I?
I am the like the sun
Drowning in its watery depths
...To bring forth the dark page
To create words with stars
The beauty of the night
The moon its infinity mark
To question each insanity
That invades our mind

Who am I?
I am like the falling moon
That dissolves into the sea
To create ripples of words
A constant flowing ring
Coming back to you
An inspiration of a new day

The auburn strokes
On a white page
Floating in its blue shade
Gives birth to new illusions
That the painter creates
The art of words
That frees the sprite within
From the shadows of pain

Who am I?
I am like the droplets of rain
That soaks into your mind's page
Creating the soul from your heart
A storm raging a flood
Of endless thoughts in turmoil
With pain and rage
Then only a drizzle remains
And peace at last,comes to its mind

Who am I?
I am like the gentle breeze
That blows words to describe
The meaning of each stanza
To lift you up into the dreams
You seek from the nightmares
Raging the heart with no peace
Destroying every closed mind
Then opening them to each line

Who am I?
I am the enigma
Of many lives spent
A letter in every word
A word in each sentence
The space between stanzas
The rhymes and reasons
Or none at all
The silent voice
That shouts words written
And if you still question this gift
Then this riddle is already too long
To question who am I

©PREM ANAND RETHINASAMY

1 comment:

The Reason We Write

Writing is one of the purest of arts in this world. This is because it embodies the very fundamental principles of literacy. Write To The World understands this and is bent on giving every writer in the world the platform to freely exercise this form of art. We believe literature is a powerful force behind human survival. So write anything good, and we'll make sure its seen.

As you read and treat yourself to glistening writing, please do leave a comment for the writers. They would really want to know what you think also. It can be a question, a comment or suggestion. Let it known. Leave your footprints here any time you visit.

Write To The World - Making Professional Writers From Today. It Can Be Done.